jalapeno & cheddar croquettes
Jalapeño & Cheddar Croquettes
250 ml milk
35 gm butter, diced
65 gm flour
15 gm cornflour
40 gm chopped pickled jalapeños
50 gm grated cheddar cheese
salt + pepper to taste
2 cups fresh bread crumbs
flour for dusting
1 c milk
vegetable oil for deep frying.
1. Place milk, butter, flour & cornflour in a saucepan and cook over a medium heat constantly until very thick and the floury taste has disappeared.
2. Make sure it is totally cooked out and thick otherwise you wont be able to roll and crumb them.
3. Place in a bowl with the jalapeños & cheese, season & then place in a cling film lined tray in the fridge until firm.
4. Roll into 30gm balls then crumb in fresh breadcrumbs & refrigerate.
5. Deep fry in 180°C oil until golden, remove from oil with a slotted spoon & drain on paper towel. Season with salt and enjoy with a frosty beer.
1. Place milk, butter, flour & cornflour into the thermomix and cook for 12 minutes at 90°C on speed 4.
2. Remove from the thermomix and proceed from step 2 above.